By United Nations
This day, greater than ever ahead of, a probability to at least one is a risk to all. Threats to overseas peace and safety cross some distance past aggression by means of States and comprise poverty, lethal infectious sickness, environmental degradation, civil battle, guns of mass destruction, terrorism and transnational geared up crime. This record through sixteen of the world’s so much skilled leaders, commissioned through the United countries Secretary-General, places ahead a daring new imaginative and prescient of collective defense that stresses the necessity for potent, equitable motion in fighting and responding to all significant threats to overseas peace and protection.
Read Online or Download A More Secure World: Our Shared Responsibility--Report of the Secretary-General's High-level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change PDF
Similar security books
Within the post-Cold warfare period, ecu militaries are engaged in an ongoing version that's demanding family members among military and the societies that they serve. This e-book bargains an leading edge conceptual framework to severely assessment modern civil-military kin around the continent of Europe.
Ecu protection Governance hyperlinks the demanding situations of governing Europe's safety to the altering nature of the kingdom, the evolutionary enlargement of the safety time table, the transforming into obsolescence of the conventional types and ideas of safety cooperation, and assesses the effectiveness of the ecu as a safety actor.
This ebook constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh overseas Workshop on details safeguard purposes, WISA 2006, held in Jeju Island, Korea in August 2006. The 30 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously chosen in the course of rounds of reviewing and development from 146 submissions.
Are you able to find the money for to not learn this publication? ……. . The common cellular Telecommunication method (UMTS) deals a constant set of providers to cellular machine and call clients and diverse diversified radio entry applied sciences will co-exist in the UMTS system’s center community – defense is, as a result, of the maximum value.
- The Troubled Triangle: Economic and Security Concerns for the United States, Japan, and China
- Ethics and Weapons of Mass Destruction: Religious and Secular Perspectives (The Ethikon Series in Comparative Ethics)
- Prisons, Punishment and the Pursuit of Security
- Disaster Recovery (EC-Council Disaster Recovery Professional (Edrp))
- Data and applications security XVII : status and prospects : IFIP TC11/WG11.3 Seventeenth Annual Working Conference on Data and Applications Security, August 4-6, 2003, Estes Park, Colorado, USA
Extra info for A More Secure World: Our Shared Responsibility--Report of the Secretary-General's High-level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change
126. Verification of the Chemical Weapons Convention should also be further strengthened, and the long-standing impasse over a verification mechanism for the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention, which has undermined confidence in the overall regime, should be overcome. States parties to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention should without delay return to negotiations for a credible verification protocol, inviting the active participation of the biotechnology industry. States parties to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention must increase bilateral diplomatic pressure to universalize membership.
More legal mechanisms are necessary in the area of natural resources, fights over which have often been an obstacle to peace. Alarmed by the inflammatory role of natural resources in wars in Sierra Leone, Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, civil society organizations and the Security Council have turned to the “naming and shaming” of, and the imposition of sanctions against, individuals and corporations involved in illicit trade, and States have made a particular attempt to restrict the sale of “conflict diamonds”.
Elements of a credible collective security system 31. To be credible and sustainable a collective security system must be effective, efficient and equitable. In all these respects, the multilateral system as we now know it, in responding to the major security threats which the world has confronted in recent decades, has shown that it can perform. But it must be strengthened to perform better - in all the ways we spell out in the present report. 1. Effectiveness 32. Whether by reducing the demand for nuclear weapons, mediating inter-State conflict or ending civil wars, collective security institutions have made critical contributions to the maintenance of international peace and security, although those contributions are often denigrated, both by those who would have the institutions do more and by those who would have them do less.
A More Secure World: Our Shared Responsibility--Report of the Secretary-General's High-level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change by United Nations